Will God Laugh at America?
The Wake-up Herald
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. Romans 13:11-14
Robert McCurry, Editor & Publisher
September 11, 2012
Will God Laugh At America?
By Robert McCurry
“Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh.” Proverbs 1:24-26.
The 9:45 A.M. hour of September 11, 2001, is stamped indelibly upon everyone’s memory. We will always remember where we were and what we were doing when first hearing the news of two commercial jet aircraft crashing into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York, then, a third commercial jet aircraft crashing into the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.; a few minutes later, and the crash of a third commercial jet aircraft in Pennsylvania that we later were told was headed to Washington, D.C. to crash either into the White House or the Capitol.
We listened to radio reports or watched TV in stunned disbelief, alarm, horror, and dismay as the incredible events unfolded concerning three commercial airplanes crashing into these buildings causing massive destruction of property and the injury and death of thousands of people. Within minutes we were told that these four planes had reportedly been hijacked by suicide terrorists and were being used as weapons of war against America.
American Airlines Flight 11 plunged into Tower 1 just above the 96th floor at about 8:45 a.m. Workers were evacuating both buildings when United Airlines Flight 175 struck Tower 2 above the 80th floor about 18 minutes later. The Boeing 767s, both originally bound for California, each carried 13,900 gallons of fuel.
Suddenly, without warning, American was under terrorist attack.
America is gripped by fear and panic. What’s next? No one has an answer.
President Bush, Vice President Cheney, the Congress, and other government leaders are whisked away to undisclosed locations of safety.
President Bush issues an executive order to ground all aircraft and for the military to shoot down any commercial or private plane that fails to communicate and land immediately.
Thousands of buildings are evacuated and businesses closed.
Many schools and colleges are closed.
Bridges and tunnels are closed.
Sports events are cancelled.
Theaters are closed.
Buses and trains ceased operation.
TV commercials are suspended as the stations give uninterrupted news coverage of this unfolding story of infamy.
Suddenly, without warning, America is at war.
God’s Word Speaks
“Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers” (Isa 1:4-7).
America had repeatedly been warned of God’s impending judgment
- February 13, 1983 -- Tax Funding of Homosexuality and Murder Of Babies Brings God’s Judgment On America.; Article by Pastor Robert McCurry mailed to the President and his cabinet; all U.S. Congressmen and Senators; U.S. Supreme Court Justices; government department heads; all fifty governors; thousands of pastors and others.
- August 8-9, 1983 -- A ‘Declaration and Demand For Redress of Grievances To The President of the United States And All Congressman And Senators Of The United States And All Governors And Legislators Of The Fifty States’ was adopted by 100 of America’s leading fundamental and evangelical church leaders at A Symposium On Theology and Methods of Christian Resistanceat the O’Hare Holiday Inn Hotel in Chicago, Illinois; mailed to all referenced persons and thousands of pastors.
- April 2-6, 1984 -- A declaration of the Sins Of The Preachers of America by The America Coalition of Unregistered Churches during a Pastor’s Prayer and Fasting Convocation in Covington, Georgia; mailed to thousands of pastors.
- October 15-19, 1984 --A declaration of the Sins Of The Churches Of Americaby The America Coalition of Unregistered Churches during a Pastor’s Prayer and Fasting Convocation in Covington, Georgia; mailed to thousands of pastors and churches.
- October 28, 1986 -- A Court of Divine Justiceconducted on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court by pastors Everett Sileven, Greg Dixon and Robert McCurry. The President and His cabinet; all federal and state government leaders and judges; pastors, churches, and America at large are called to repentance and obedience to God’s Word; Scriptures that were read: Proverbs 14:34; Psalm 35; 94; 107; 33:12; 9:17.
- July 15, 1987 – ‘The Message America Refused To Believe Or Heed’ by Pastor Robert McCurry. A reprint of the February 13, 1983, of his article entitled, “Tax Funding of Homosexuality and Murder Of Babies Brings God’s Judgment On America”; mailed to the President and his cabinet; all U.S. Congressman and Senators; U.S. Supreme Court Justices; all government department heads; governors of all fifty states; thousands of pastors and others.
- July 28, 1990 -- A Court of Divine Justice conducted by Dr. Everett Sileven in front of the United Nations building in New York that called all United Nations leaders and all United States leaders, pastors, churches and America at large to repentance and obedience to God’s Word. Scriptures that were read: Proverbs 14:34; Psalm 35; 94; 107; 33:12; 9:17.
If God has now withdrawn His hand of blessing and protection from America as many are suggesting, it is not because of Democrats, Republicans, abortionists, sodomites, feminists and the ACLU, their wickedness notwithstanding. It is because of passive and silent pastors who have sought acceptance by the world, traded persecution for popularity, and have graduated from the arena of persecution to the grandstands of the spectator.
The enemy is not coming, the enemy is here. God’s Word is clear. “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God” (Psalm 9:17). It’s repent or perish.
Wake-up, Pastors! Wake-up, Christians!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Wake-Up Herald is published by Robert McCurry. The publication is designed to exalt the true God of the Bible, the Lord Jesus Christ, and inform, inspire, and challenge its readers regarding biblical truth and real-life issues. The contents are the sole responsibility of Robert McCurry and do not represent or speak for or on behalf of any other person or group. There is no subscription charge. The publication is a ministry of faith dependent on the contributions of its readers. Contributions are not tax-deductible. Send all correspondence to: Robert McCurry,605 Moore Rd, Newnan, GA 30263 or email@example.com Remove? Send reply with “remove” in Subject line